Tuesday, March 12, 2013

The Crock of Dawn

Hey folks!

So I'm back!  I spent the weekend being lazy and cooking.  I also went to see Gaelic Storm in concert at the Fitzgerald Theatre in St. Paul.  It was a GREAT show and--get this--I did not fill up the entire seat!  There was ROOM on either side of me when I sat down!  Darcy and Phil noticed that they were more comfortable, too!  Like I said, sometimes this massive weight loss thing feels kind of like being in someone else's body. 

If you've never heard of these guys, go on iTunes and GET SOME!

Last Thursday night I made a pork roast in the oven.  I put a mushroom gravy over it.  I had it for dinner and I brought some for myself and Louise on Friday.  Sunday I took the leftover mushroom gravy, added turkey meatballs, a splash of dry sherry, a pinch of nutmeg and some garlic powder and had Sort-of-Swedish-Meatballs. 


No horsemeat HERE!  Heh.

I had a bunch of leftover pork roast so I decided to make it into Carnitas.  Click the pic if you want the recipe.  The pork was so tender it fell apart.  We're making carnitas salads for dinner tomorrow!


Slow Cooker Carnitas Recipe
Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas

So I'm all about crock pot stuff right now and if you have anything to share, please do so! 

Tonight I will run when I get home, then I will have delicious tuna fish for dinner.  I will watch yet ANOTHER evening of James Bond whilst I knit. 

'Til next time,
K

1 comment:

  1. Are you going to be James Bonded out come Friday? Those recipes sound wonderful, I can almost have some. We need top do the fish thing soon.

    ReplyDelete